Motorcycles may be thrilling to ride, but they are also inherently dangerous. They offer nothing in the way of external protection, and when they are involved in auto accidents, bikers are almost always assured to get the worse end of the deal. Too often, motorcyclists are not at fault for the accidents in which they are involved, either. In many cases, they are victims of the negligence of people driving cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, and other larger vehicles that dominate our nation’s roadways.
At the Law Offices of Sean M. Burke, we are devoted to protecting the rights of injured victims and their families, fighting to ensure that they are able to receive the full measure of compensation to which they are entitled under the law. We are proud to offer our legal services to bikers who have suffered motorcycle accident injuries throughout Orange County, CA. If you or a member of your family has sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident that was someone else’s fault, or if you lost a beloved family member in such an accident, attorney Sean Burke can help you obtain the justice you deserve.
We urge you to contact the Law Offices of Sean M. Burke today to arrange for an evaluation of your motorcycle accident case.
Injuries Commonly Suffered in Motorcycle Accidents
Because motorcycles do not afford riders external protection, motorcycle accident injuries are often catastrophic, requiring expensive care. Mr. Burke has the experience, skills, and resources to successfully handle motorcycle accident cases involving all types of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): These injuries can produce immediate symptoms or, even more dangerously, not produce symptoms until weeks, months, or even years later. This is why people involved in motorcycle accidents should always seek medical care immediately afterward, no matter how they feel. Traumatic brain injuries range from those that have temporary effects to permanent hemiplegia, a type of paralysis in which sensation is lost in the arm, leg, and occasionally torso of one side of the body.
- Spinal cord injuries: Even relatively minor spinal cord injuries can be painful and expensive to treat. Major spinal cord injuries include paraplegia, in which the injured victim loses the ability to move and feel below the waist, and tetraplegia, in which the injured victim loses the ability to move and feel below the neck.
- Head injuries: These injuries include concussions, contusions, whiplash, and facial disfiguration.
- Other injuries: Other injuries commonly suffered in motorcycle accidents include lacerations, fractures, burns, road rash, strains, and sprains.
- Wrongful death: Tragically, more than 5,000 motorcyclists died in accidents in 2015 according to the Governors Highway Safety Association. That is only the third time in history that more than 5,000 motorcyclists were killed in a single year. In the state of California alone, motorcyclists accounted for 17 percent of all road fatalities.
Arrange for an Evaluation of Your Motorcycle Accident Case
To arrange for an evaluation of your motorcycle accident case, please contact the Law Offices of Sean M. Burke today.