Sean M. Burke
Sean M. Burke grew up in West Los Angeles and graduated from Loyola High School. Mr. Burke earned his Bachelor of Arts degree magna cum laude from the University of Southern California. He graduated from USC Law School and USC Business School, with a combined JD/MBA degree.
EXPERIENCED AND HIGHLY RATED
Mr. Burke specializes in representing people injured by the negligence of physicians, hospitals, motorists, product manufacturers and others. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and was honored by the Orange County chapter of ABOTA with their prestigious Civility Award in 2020. He holds an AV rating - Very High to Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell, a nationally recognized attorney rating firm. He has also been named Orange County Trial Lawyer Association's (OCTLA) Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyer of the Year three times. He is Board Certified in Professional Liability Litigation.
Meet Attorney Sean Burke
Mr. Burke is a long-standing member of the following organizations:
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), a national organization of Trial Attorneys which is open by members by invitation only.
- Board Certified in Professional Liability - Medical by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- American Association of Justice (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles County
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Long Beach Bar Association
Top 50 OC Attorney magazine cover. He has also served in the following positions:
- ABOTA - The American Board of Trial Advocates – Sean was admitted to ABOTA in 2009. ABOTA is a national group of trial lawyers, representing plaintiffs and defendants. One has to be nominated and accepted into the organization and has to be an experienced trial lawyer.
- OC ABOTA Chapter National Board Representative, 2014-2021
- Civility Award from the Orange County Chapter of ABOTA in 2020.
- Board of Directors of OCTLA, 1997 to 2001
- Chairman of the Courts Committee for the Long Beach Bar Association, 1995 to 2001
- Member of the Scholarship Committee of the Long Beach Bar Association, 1989 to1995
- Board of Governors of the Long Beach Bar Association, 1986 to 1987
- President of the Long Beach Barristers, 1987
- Three-time winner of the OCTLA Trial Lawyer of the Year for Medical Malpractice.
- Best Lawyers in America since 2009.
- Superlawyer for the 16 straight years 2005 – 2021.
- Named in the Top 50 Lawyers in Orange County by Superlawyers, 2007 to 2020.
- Top 5 Personal Injury Lawyers in Orange County by AVVO and OC Metro Magazine.
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Mr. Burke's work has been published in the Litigation Section Bulletin of the California Bar Association. Additionally, he has lectured at attorneys' continuing-education seminars on medical malpractice and other litigation issues for over 20 years.
From 1981 to 1985, Mr. Burke practiced in the area of business law and venture capital. In 1985, he joined a firm in Long Beach, California that eventually became Thielen and Burke. The firm specialized in catastrophic personal injury cases, including medical malpractice, product liability, and personal injury cases. Mr. Burke obtained one of the highest jury verdicts in California in the area of negligent security when he won $1 million for a Marine Corps soldier who was shot in a fast food restaurant.
Mr. Burke has obtained more than $160 million for his clients since 1990.
In 1998, Sean Burke's partner, Joseph Thielen, retired from the practice of law, and Mr. Burke formed his own firm, the Law Offices of Sean M. Burke. In 2007, Mr. Burke moved the office to its current location in Irvine, California.
The location of the office allows our firm to serve clients from Orange County, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside and elsewhere in Southern California. From our Irvine location, personal injury lawyer Sean M. Burke represents people seriously injured in automobile or other accidents, those who suffer injuries as a result of negligent medical or hospital care, elderly people who are neglected or abused, children or infants who suffer birth injuries from medical errors, and people or companies treated unfairly by insurance companies.
The Law Offices of Sean M. Burke serve all Southern California, including the Inland Empire, Orange County, and Los Angeles. If you need a personal injury or medical malpractice lawyer, contact Sean M. Burke today.